The hashtag #ihearthovercrafting is no joke. Supreme float and rally car-like handling has earned the Hovercraft a cult following.
Riders around the world swear by the Hovercraft’s nimble maneuverability as this power-packed board deftly handles blower, crud or crust one and the same.
The blunt nose and directional rocker of the Hovercraft provide the float, while the stiff tail and Mellow Magne-Traction lock in stability through the bumps.
For catchfree slashing, the base along the tail edges of the Hovercraft are beveled up one degree for more playful control.
New for 2016, the Hovercraft’s bamboo wood topsheet features burned ‘no-ink’ logo graphics.
- Classic Core : Full wood poplar core that offers fun pop, even flex and solid durability.
- Biax Fiberglass : A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Carbon Stringers : Carbon stringers add torsional stiffness for improved response and increased pop. Carbon layer keeps flex profile dimensionally stable for a consistent ride for the lifetime of the board.
- Bamboo Topsheet
- Sintered 7000 Base : Durable natural base material with added carbon for speed and good wax absorbency.
- Belt Ground Finish. - Oversized Recycled Edges : All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Recycled ABS : ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Factory Tuned : All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- OneBallJay BIO Wax : Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with OneBallJay BIO wax.
- Directional Shape, Swallow Tail - Wrap Tip Construction : Full wood core to the tip and ABS sidewall completely wraps around tip for added response and durability.
- Stiffness - 3D 1° Bevel Base : The last several centimeters of the solid Hovercraft tail edges are beveled up one degree to increase edge maneuverability and loosen up the tail.
- Mellow Magne-Traction : Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Magne-Traction improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board. “Magne-Traction is a critical feature for rockered boards. Rocker improves glide in mixed conditions, but the decreased edge contact makes it harder to really lock into your turns and hold a solid edge. Magne-Traction is crucial to offset the edge drift of rocker.”
- Progressive Sidecut : At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the side cut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Blunt Nose : “How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight.” - Jeremy Jones
|Schaufel (mm)||Mitte (mm)||Skiende (mm)||Radius (m)||Gewicht (g)|
Die 2010 von dem legendären Snowboarder Jeremy Jones gegründete Marke Jones Snowboards ist eine Freeride-orientierte Marke und hat sich der Herstellung der besten Snowboards der Welt verschrieben. Man erkennt schnell, dass die Marke Jones eine Freeride-Marke ist, da zu jedem Board auch eine Splitboard-Variante angeboten wird. Die wohl bekanntesten Jones Boards sind das Flagship (Mothership bei Mädels), das Hovercraft und das Mountain Twin. Jones hat auch ein Allmountain-Freestyle Board im Programm: das Aviator.