Just when you thought this theme could not be milked any further, Yes blows you away with the graphical mind-fucking of Mr. Peter-John de Villiers.
Inside the world of these deeply layered illustrations you’ll be seduced by historical references of past glories, influences and milestones. The talents of Todd Richards, John Cardiel, Noah Salasnek and the infamous Shawn Palmer will never be forgotten and this year we give respectful thanks for the world they had a heavy hand in creating.
This year Yes has reshaped and refined the Asymmetrical-twin that re-started it all. By redesigning the nose and tail and tweaking the sidecut geometry it has created an even better asym. The tighter heel sidecut than toe, balances out the inefficiencies of the way we naturally ride and creates a board that is both highly intuitive and rips going switch.
- RIDERS: JP Solberg, Austen Sweetin
- SHAPE: Asym Twin : Back in the day, asymmetrical boards meant you had to choose between a regular or goofy-stance board. Not only was that a nightmare for retailers, it didn’t suit anyone with a duck stance – which is everyone now. The Asym Twin applies a tighter, deeper heelside radial sidecut compared to the toe. In effect, balancing out the difference in a body’s natural tendency to over-turn the toe edge and allowing you to ride switch better than you ever have. Regular or goofy; it’s still a true twin. Just flip it around.
- OUTLINE: Asymmetric Radial Sidecut
- FLEX: 4/5
- BASE PROFILE: Camrock 2-4-2
- CORE: Poplar + Bamboo : Creating a lighter, more responsive core than the Full Poplar. The Poplar + Bamboo uses the same durable core, lightens it up by replacing 30% of the Poplar with Paulownia and then inserts two bamboo stringers down the full length for added pop and response.
- GLASS: Triax w/ Carbon Stringers
- BASE MATERIAL: Sintered True : Just like it says. Pellets or course powder is pressed until it forms a solid. There are several suppliers for our entire industry and they each have different codes for them, depending on the colour and transparency. These codes can make it seem like you’re getting many different kinds and grades of sintered but they’re all pretty much the same as far as you and I will ever tell. True Sintered is harder and more expensive than extruded and it can be faster for those that ride aggressively fast. But to do that, it needs to be waxed and prepared for local conditions.
|Tip (mm)||Mitte (mm)||Tail (mm)||Gewicht (g)|
- Cambered aluminum flange (Alu NX2) with BankBed canted at 2.5° for responsive support.
OC-Kush Basepad with heel and toe cushioning inserts to reduce vibrations and dampen landings.
- An adjustable ModBack high back with aluminium heelcup which actively triggers the N.A.S.T.Y. system. (raise the strap) for faster than ever entry and exit.
- The 4-Way adjustable Apex.8 is an all mountain SupportPanel with asymmetrical anatomic shape reinforced with fibreglass for maximum response.
- KushControl spoiler cushioning.
- Strap: Fusion PowerStrap
- Type: All mountain / Freestyle
- Rigidity: 4/5